Islamabad, 6th March, 2019: 2nd meeting of the Standing Committee on Climate Change was held today 11:00 a.m. in Committee Room of Ministry of Climate Change, Local Government Complex, G-5/2, Islamabad under the Chairperson of Ms. Munaza Hassan, MNA.
2. The meeting started with recitation from the Holy Quran. Then, the Committee decided to proceed with the agenda.
3. The Committee unanimously confirmed the minutes of its previous meeting held on 12th February, 2019.
4. The Committee considered the Public Sector Development Projects (PSDP) received from Ministry of Climate Change, as required under rule 201 (6) of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly 2007. After deliberation, the Committee recommended all projects and directed to the Ministry of Finance to provide the required funds to the Ministry of Climate Change. The Committee endorsed the PSDP proposals submitted by Ministry of Climate Change relating to the working of Ministry and its allied/attached Department. The Federal Secretary, Ministry of Climate Change briefed the Committee regarding organizational structure of the Ministry. While discussing the process for development strategy and budget utilization the Committee emphasized that the transparency should be ensured in executing of PSDP project and to avoid any type of discrepancy at all.
5. After the detailed deliberation, the Committee recommended that the projects of the Ministry should be completed within the stipulated time in a transparent manner under the observance of rules in letter and spirit.
6. The meeting was also attended by Dr. Haider Ali Khan, MNA Rai Muhammad Murtaza Iqbal, MNA Ms. Andleeb Abbas, MNA Dr. Seemi Bokhari, MNA Ms. Tahira Aurangzed, MNA Ms. Shaista Pervaiz, MNA Ms. Romina Khursheed Alam, MNA Ms. Zahira Wadood Fatemi, MNA Syed Mustafa Mahmud, MNA, and Ms. Shahida Rehmani MNA. The meeting was also attended by Ms. Zartaj Gul Minister for the State of Climate Change and senior officers of the Ministry of Climate Change.